Edit: Whoooops I stuck screenshot in there accidentally. Ignore that ‘-‘
Woooo wifi is back and so am I!
This marks day three and four (possibly five?) of my Cosplay Adventure.
I’ve finished the base of the scarab completely, and you can see the two ‘shoulder’ arms I’ve finished. I’ve had to postpone work on the scarab until this weekend, because I can’t actually see what I’m working on at the angle it’s at. Since the hip and chest arms were delaying me, I moved on to the morph suit.
There I am in my morph suits oddly shaped glory. (I’m going to alter it around the arm pits and thumbs, because I look like a bizarre flying squirrel.)
Leg and finger spots are glued on! Those were glued while I was wearing the morph suit. The legs I did by folding some sheets of newspaper and lining the area between the suit and my leg to keep me from getting burnt, while the finger spots I glued on directly, because the seams offered enough bulk that I didn’t notice the heat. All of this was done with a low temperature glue gun.
Lastly, I’ve started on the helmet! Fingers crossed, I think I’ve figured out a way to do it. I found, completely by accident, a pepakura model of Jaime’s helmet. The blue sections I’m cutting out in foam, while the black part is going to be Bristol board painted black. I’ve got the foam cut out completely, and I’ve started cutting out the base for the bristol board. I’ll put out a link to the pepakura at the end of all this, but in the meantime, if anyone wants the .pdo file for the helmet, shoot me an ask and I can email it to you.